THE INDIANHEAD LAKE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION IS A VOLUNTEER BOARD OF 13 ELECTED AT THE ANNUAL SPRING PICNIC/MEETING. IT IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING A SAFE PLACE TO RECREATE AND A SUSTAINABLE FISHERIES WHILE MAINTAINING THE ESTHETIC BEAUTY OF THE LAKE AND THE SURROUNDING AREA.
There are currently 268 members. Membership dues provide approximately $9,300 as operating capital. The funds are used for lake improvement projects, fishing tournament, taxes, utilities, insurance, and the annual membership picnic. This year our anticipated expenses will exceed our income. We have been shrewd in the past so we will be able to cover this year’s overrun. Last year we had four new major projects:
1. Constructing and placing 10 fish structures based on Arkansas Game and Fish recommendations.
2. Improved the boat launch by placing rock along the edges of the concrete ramp slab.
3. Due to damage to the lake dams we were forced to hire a trapper to remove nutria and beaver.
4. Rebuilt and painted fishing piers at the boat ramp.
We have two significant projects planned for this year including:
1. Repairing portions of the North Dam to prevent its loss from over topping burrow erosion
2. Changing the gate system at the boat ramp to reduce future costs
These projects are expensive but needed to serve the Association Members better. Our operational expenses, taxes, utilities, and insurance costs have increased over 400 percent in the last couple of years and we have taken on some much need big projects. Therefore it is necessary to increase our membership dues. If we fail to continue performing maintenance and lake fish habitat improvements we all could be living next to a mud hole with negligible fishing opportunities because the dams could wash out. Join the association today to continue to realize enhanced property values due to Association efforts.
Membership fees are:
· Members under age 65 (Annual dues include residing family.) $125.00, if paid before March 1st it is $100
· Senior citizens 65+ years of age (Annual dues include residing family.) $100.00, if paid before March 1st $75
You can pay membership fees via two means:
· Complete the membership form delivered to your residence by mail or one of the Board members.
· Go to our website www.indianheadlake.com and click on the section to pay your current dues link under membership dues (PayPal does the rest. Your decal and new key if needed will be delivered within two weeks. ) Please make sure you furnish a current phone number and email address when making your payment.
If you choose to complete the membership form delivered to your residence use the following procedure: Return both copies of the membership form along with a check made payable to ILPOA, P.O. Box 6013, Sherwood, AR 72124 or make payment by Paypal on the website. The yellow copy will be returned to you within two weeks along with a 2019 boat decal and gate access for the boat launch area. If you have questions about membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All checks and forms should be mailed to the ILPOA by March 31st.
ANNUAL LAKE CLEANUP DAY: April 27, 2019
(Rain date May 4th)
Cleanup hours: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Volunteers meet at the ILPOA Boat Launch/Ramp Area. Any and all volunteers would be greatly appreciated
Volunteers with boats to assist with shoreline cleanup are needed. You must provide your own protective equipment (Safety vest, boots, waders, gloves)
Our association has a website - Visit www.indianheadlake.com for lake project updates and ILPOA events
Follow us on Twitter @Indianhead Lake or Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Indianheadlake
ANNUAL FISHING TOURNAMENT: May 11, 2019
Tournament hours: 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
All participants must register at the ILPOA Boat Launch/Ramp area before fishing.
All fish are weighed in by a board member at the ILPOA Boat Launch/Ramp area.
Cash prizes will be awarded at the Annual Picnic on May 23th.
An individual cash prize of $25 for the winner in each age and gender group for the largest bass, crappie, bream and catfish. An additional $25 winner for the largest fish overall will be awarded.
ANNUAL PICNIC: MAY 23, 2019, 6:00 p.m., at the pavilion in Indianhead Park
BBQ and all the fixings will be served Drawings for door prizes Fishing tournament prizes awarded
Board member elections Bring your lawn chairs
Alligator grass is a nuisance in our lake. Two effective methods of control are:
1. Raking the lake bottom in the problem area during winter when it is dormant. This removes the root tubers.
2. Spray the Alligator grass during the active growing period, then remove the dead grass from the lake. The city of Sherwood will pick the dried material up if placed on the curb. The ILPOA association will provide a sprayer and the herbicide to kill this nuisance. Contact Michael Musgrave at 870-557-1938 for both.
ILPOA BOARD MEMBERS
If anyone would like to serve on the ILPOA Board, please contact the ILPOA at www.indianheadlake.com . We are always looking for volunteers with new ideas to make our lake the best kept secret in Arkansas.